bloggportalen

måndag 12 december 2011

Shaking you gently

You know, you are my dream, but also my nightmare. So, yet again I´m checking out. I can´t do this with you. Just be a man and leave. I know I´ve said it many times, but this time I mean it. And you have to help me. By going quietly, without any fuss. You are the most fun I´ve ever known. You dance with me through the streets -- like a scene from some old movie. You climb fences with me, without me having to ask you too. You make me feel important and grande and you bring out the sweet and caring within me. (Everybody is still really surprised about that.) You spell out truths I´ve always wanted to hear, you use all the right words and you don´t ever let go of my hand. You make me feel alive, you make me feel vivid and extatic. But you also keep me up at night. You´re the most selfish person I have ever encountered and so full of fear. I can´t trust you to say what you mean, what you feel and what you do say is starting to sound hollow. You drink too much, you fight too much and you´ve bottled things up for so long that it´s made you crazy. But you did broaden my world. You made it bigger. More translucent. My horizons are wider now than in May. And I think I served the same purpose for you. Are you breaking my heart? No, it´s not breaking. But you did bruise it. Just a little bit, as I did yours. So remember me fondly. The up-town girl who refused to let you pay her way. The strawberry blonde with the suits and the high boots, red lipstick, the dressy jackets and tweed skirts. A cool exterior hiding a heart on fire. With an intellectual capacity and a vocabulary you had never encountered before. That rendered comments from your friends: "What is a woman like that doing with you?", as I walked in, only to move up to you and kiss you gently on the cheek, taking your hand in mine. A Scarlett who saw her Rhett Butler in you for a second or two.

But it´s time to wake up now my love. Come on, wake up.

Whiskeytown – Everything I Do

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar