bloggportalen

fredag 6 januari 2012

This is how it should have gone

Setting: Bar. Kind of cheap place populated by different stray characters and several Irish gentlemen. 

Enter Nina: (Facial expression proud and confident. Wearing short leather jacket, emerald green wool skirt, pearl earrings, gray pantyhose and high, black leather boots. Red hair piled high up on head with a few strands coming loose around the ears, red lipstick.)
M, Mr F and a couple of other Irish men at the bar turn around in their chairs as she approaches.

Nina: Hey there, how are you guys doing? (Leans in and kisses M on the cheek in a flippant manor.)
M: Alright I would say. How about you? (Smiling.)
Nina: Ah, all is well with the world. Mr F, how are you doing? (Shifting focus of gaze to Mr F next to M.)
Mr F: Aye, Nina. I´m good. Just great. I must say you look fabulous tonight!
Nina: Well, thank you Mr F. (Smiling.)
Pause.  Nina looks around and acnowlages the presence of the other Irish lads.)
Nina: Look boys, do you mind if I steal my man away for a few minutes? It´s been a while. (Smiling brightly.)
Mr F: He is all yours darling. (The Irish lads nodding in approval.)
 Nina takes M:s hand and leads him over to an empty table by the window. Nina removes her jacket. They sit down.
Nina: So, honeybunny, is there any particular reason why you only called me once during the time you´ve been gone?
M: No, I´ve just been busy and because of the rain I did´nt make it in to town until the end of the last week, so I did´nt have any chance to charge my phone.
Nina: Ok, so we´re still a couple then?
M: YES!
Nina: Ok, honey, that makes me very happy! (Smiling broadly.)
They stare into each others eyes for a while, still smiling.
Nina: So, where is my ring darling? (Eyes twinkling.)
M: What? (Smile fading rapidly.)
Nina: Well, my dear, you told me you were getting me a ring for Christmas. Where is it? (Still gleaming, but with a hint of a dark forbodance.)
M: Oh, well, I did´nt get around to it. (Looking down. Avoiding eye contact.)
Nina: I see. (Finishes her Corona in one swift motion and gets up, starting to put on her leather jacket.)
M looks up at her, startled, but still quiet. Waiting for her next move. The Irish gentlemen in the bar also turn around to see what is happening. Nina zips her jacket slowly, still smiling, eyes confident. Then she leans over, across the table towards M and kisses him gently on the cheek.
Nina: You know honey, one day, many years from now you will sit on your sofa in Ireland and turn on the telly. Right there, on the screen, my face will appear. The context might be political. It might be in reference to a bestseller. "But is´nt that...Is´nt that Nina. The girl I went out with for a time, so long ago?", you will think to yourself. "Man, she was really something." (Nina stands up. Smiling broadly and walks over to the gents at the bar and extends her hand towards Mr F.)
Nina: Mr F, its been... educational. (Turns to the rest of the group.) Lads, behave yourselves! (Eyes shining somewhat flirtatiously.)
Nina turns again towards M. Still at the table, eyes glued to the table top.
Nina: And Gallagher. (He looks up.)  It seems your John was right after all. (Gives him a radiant smile exits the bar with a wink.)


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar