bloggportalen

måndag 18 mars 2013

Get on with it!

You drive me crazy. You always did. You still do. Do you know it? No, I think not. That's part of the thrill I guess. Do you still wear cowboy boots, I wonder. Do you still not know, just where you are going? (No, wherever it is I am NOT coming with you.) When I think of you I can't help smiling. When I think of you I can't help hoping. That you'll sort it all out in the end. That you'll find your way. That you'll find out who you are. I knew a boy once. He was all sparkles and fire and sorrow and he laughed just like a child. I knew a boy once. Who wanted nothing more than to be a man, to grow up, but who kept tripping over the ghosts that had become his life. I hope I pick up my phone one day and find a man on the other side. "Top of the morning to ya me darlin', life is bleedin' grand isn't it?, he will shout across a static phone line. And I will lose my breath for just a second (as always) and then I'll have to smile through all the miles that separate us. Because, finally, finally, that boy I used to know has become a man.

Flogging Molly – If I Ever Leave This World Alive

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar