bloggportalen

söndag 22 juli 2012

Yes


I´m sorry for having been slightly erratic and moody in the past. You came too soon -- I was busy getting over someone. I´m sorry for not being able to give one hundred percent until now. He left me a little scared and breathless and broken. I´m sorry that it took me so long to let go. It´s just the kind of person I am I guess. And, I´m sorry for not being all there, all in, until now. There was no room for you -- I had to settle things in my head first, I had to know that this was the time for that leap, that you were worth the risk. Because in some ways we´re hard. So much harder than what he and I was -- simply because we are real, simply because we´re equal, because (unlike he and I) we have a future. It´s bright and sparkly. It´s exciting and colorful. It´s also filled with farewells and distance and longing. With tears and travels and homecomings. The world is smaller these days, but not small enough to not consider the circumstances and the facts. I´m here now. So, let´s drive your Jaguar really fast across France. Let´s drink Italian wine and wander the Coliseum. We´ll smoke our last cigarettes under the Tuscan sun and remember the moment forever. I´ll wear my purple dress and granny’s necklace. I´ll chase you with shrimp and tease you about the queen. You’ll give me a kiss on the Spanish steps in Rome and I´ll hold your hand through Venice. Then we´ll drive a million miles and end up having tea with milk on your patio in the heart of England. Let´s not worry about the future. Let´s assume it´s as bright and brilliant as we are. Let´s assume this is as real as it feels. Let´s take our fears and doubts and insecurities, let´s look at them, let’s smile at them, let´s toss them into the air...

and simply just let go.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar