bloggportalen

torsdag 5 juli 2012

Mine


Before I met you. He was my D´artangnan. He descended from half a world away and we read the Tempest and Hamlet and A midsummer night’s dream. Then the days passed and we fell apart, we fell away and broke each other to the core. (I´ve forgiven you now, just because I can.) Before I met you. He was a pathfinder with curly, blonde hair and tattoos in the shape of leaves. His best friend was golden and sparkly and had the longest, fluffiest tail I had ever seen. We walked the streets hand in hand, forever walking, forever in love. His truths are still with me. (I pick them up and look at them sometimes -- they are still true.) Before I met you. He had a steely blue gaze. He was tall and light and had strong hands. He stood by me as my life fell apart, he held my up when I had no strength and he had visions of something better, something bigger than this world. Before I met you. His eyes were green, his mind troubled. He liked Guinness and talked really fast. He wore shirts the colour of fire trucks and he danced when he was happy. Before I met you my heart was broken. These are my ghosts. Let´s make sure you´ll never be one of them.

Laura Marling – Ghosts

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar