bloggportalen

fredag 17 juli 2020

Ta!

We are living in the age of a pandemic, but the air is still warm in July
Things are tough, but the sun is out today reminding me that I am human
The outline of the city is the same and the gin is smooth, as is this summer eve in the heart of east London.

I am thinking about you. Wondering how you are? (Just like me, patience never was your virtue.) And if your face is warmed by the sun tonight.

I was told to be quiet and kind, but I failed.
I was told to watch my words and to keep a straight face, but I failed.
I was told I was too much, too soon in all kinds of ways, but you never agreed.

It’s July and I stare at your words as I move through requests for financial resilience and collection fund accounting and I think to myself that I did something right even though I never succumbed to the expected.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar