bloggportalen

fredag 3 januari 2014

Lesson

I may not have much in terms of riches. I may not have a lot of property to my name. And yes, I sometimes do feel like nothing is solid beneath my feet. But, I think I am finding what I came here for. I had to go across oceans, I had to lose everything familiar, I had to cut every anchor to find my way. I am not there yet, but then again I don't believe in totals, I don't understand completion -- all that really matters is the path. Even when every step aches. Even when I twist and turn and suddenly want nothing more than to travel back in time. To an apartment with high arches and big doors. To noisy streets, Marlboro lights and colorful snapshots of a life that couldn't possibly continue without leaving destruction in it's wake. I will continue to turn new leaves. I will continue to feel too much. I will continue to live a life where fear exists to be challenged and where the revolution never ends. But this time I know that in the end, I'll be left standing.

Kari Kimmel – Black

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar