bloggportalen

fredag 17 augusti 2012

Working man

As we drove under the Tuscan sun you began to fade. As we drove miles and miles across a dream I began to loose you. We said goodbye a long time ago, but you were still there, always there. And now, a fading image of a man who never stood down, whose future was bleak and who had my heart in another life. I wonder sometimes how you are. I wonder sometimes if you smile when you remember that summer. I wonder sometimes who I would have been if you had not come along. Because, the ones that affect your life in a profound way are few. The ones who inspire greatness in you are even fewer. The ones who change you, at the core, always come in single numbers. So, you're in here -- with your feisty fists, your intense gaze, your no bullshit mentality and your brooding manners. You're in here -- with your terrible dress sense, your magic feet and your fast mind. And, even though I don't think of you much these days. Even though I see no reason to dream of things that never came to be. Even though my life leaves me hopeful and giddy and happy, I'll still carry your words with me, always.

"Nina, let's endeavour to achieve the unachievable." 

And as I hear your voice in my head I smile, because I suddenly believe that I can. 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar