bloggportalen

söndag 23 december 2012

Parallels

Tonight I had to pinch my arm a few times. I had to stop and blink and catch my breath. Simply because tonight we reminded me so much of you and me. When we were good. When we were better than I ever imagined possible. When it felt that no matter what, as long as your heart was next to mine, everything would be alright. Tonight, in a parallel universe I felt us, gazing down at him and me as we made up silly songs on our guitars and fussed over Christmas decorations. As the light faded into dusk, I looked into his eyes and knew I had been completely right to make that leap.

Just as I was then.

This is for you. For all those years of pain and hardship. For all those fears that broke us. I am finally glad I knew you.

Neil Diamond – Solitary Man

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar