bloggportalen

torsdag 16 januari 2020

When an outfit does not measure up

You tell me the pale lilac shirt I gave you such a long time ago is still with you, even though you are a travelling salesman who never stays long enough in one place to feel anything at all. You tell me life was richer then; months and years passing underneath our feet while we were busy hiding in the shadows in order to not get hurt. It’s a nice little alcove you have pencilled out for yourself – free of accountability so that you can stay in your play-pin a bit longer, avoiding boredom, avoiding trying to catch anything at all. How does it feel to move at speed but not at all? I would give you sterling silver/dollars/euros in order to find out and I suspect I might regret it. Your extravagant heart, your extravagant hands – I used to love them beyond words as I did you, but we are both covered in ash now.

I am afraid one lilac shirt will change nothing.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar